Why people call us
The Employee Assistance Programme is intended to help you and your dependants* deal with personal problems that might adversely impact work performance, life, health and wellbeing.
*Dependants are classed as the following:
(i) the spouse or partner and any brother, sister, parent, legal dependants (excepting children under the age of sixteen) of a Member or Non-Member who are also residing in the same household as that Member; and
(ii) the children or legal dependants of a Member or Non-Member that do not live in the Member’s or Non-Member’s household and who are aged 16 to 21 inclusive.
The telephone services are accessed via the freephone number UK: 0800 028 0199
I have an issue with my husband
“I needed advice on how to regain trust”
I am very anxious when walking into work
“I needed advice on how to cope with work stress”
I just felt really tired and low
“I needed someone to talk to confidentially”
I am a carer and finding it hard
“I needed advice on how to manage my emotions”
I have money problems
“I needed help on how to manage my debts”
I had an issue with my neighbour
“I needed advice on legal matters regarding a conifer tree”
I had a break in
“I needed advice on overcoming my fear”
I had problems with my children
“I needed help on how to support my son who is being bullied”
About the assistance programme
Depending on the level of cover that is included in the EAP you could be entitled to the following services.
You may have access to structured telephone counselling as part of the service.
- This involves weekly sessions with the same fully qualified Counsellors.
- It is convenient as it reduces the need for travel and makes it easier to fit in with work and other commitments.
- You can call from anywhere providing it is quiet and you are able to talk openly.
Face to Face Counselling
- Face to face counselling takes place in a private practice or a confidential area.
- We have over 1,600 counselors across the UK and ROI so you will never have to travel too far.
- Within short term solution focused therapy, you and a counsellor will identify problems and work towards a solution, not forgetting how its making you feel.
- Face to face counselling is available as applicable.
You may have access to the following service:
- Specialist information in regards to legal queries, consumer rights, debt or domestic matters – the counsellor will assess your requirements and transfer you to an appropriate specialist, eg legal, consumer, or financial information.
- Personal – marital, relationship and family concerns, emotional issues, anxiety, depression, trauma, substance abuse, behavioural difficulties, bereavement, sexual orientation and gender identity. The counsellor will conduct an in-depth assessment and if appropriate telephone counselling will commence immediately, otherwise the counsellor will agree a convenient time to begin counselling sessions.
- Work-related – the counsellors offer 24-hour confidential support for work-related concerns such as stress, bullying, anger management and career direction.
- Employee management – support to managers from counsellors, experienced HR specialists, or occupational psychologists.
- Health – advice on health issues such as symptoms and treatments, medication and surgery, inoculations, travel vaccinations and lifestyle programmes (e.g quitting smoking).
- Child and dependent care – such as advice on caring for children, elderly relatives and disabled dependents, and searches for finding care homes, nurseries etc.
- Provides support and guidance to help you understand and move on from the emotional and psychological reactions of trauma.
- Consistent of five modules comprising of audio recordings and simple, tried and trusted, recovery strategies for you to use. It is delivered in bite-sized steps, which you can complete at your own pace.
- This is beneficial if you want to be able to access specialist support in a simple format as and when it suits you in a matter of minutes.
Online video counseling
- Secure video counselling, instant messaging and voice chat are all part of this suite, which mean that individuals can access counselling in a face-to-face setting from the comfort of their own home, or a location they feel comfortable with.
- This is easily accessible to all those who wish us to use it. Online therapy overcomes barriers that may preclude others from seeking therapy.
- Clients will receive solution focused therapy or cognitive behavioural therapy through online counselling.
- CBT aims to help individuals deal with problems in a more positive way by breaking down our thoughts, feelings, physical sensations and behaviours. You will be shown how to adapt your thought patterns to improve the way you feel.
- You can work through the eight-week program at your own pace whilst having the accessibility of speaking to your mentor.
- Online CBT has been shown to be clinically effective for clients with anxiety and depression, which means that you can be confident that the program has helped many others in a similar situation. Independent research shows that the outcomes of Online CBT are similar to face-to-face CBT
- You can make an enquiry via email or contact the Health Assured Helpline to discuss how to access Online CBT.
- Online counselling is available as applicable.